Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Old shoes, New Shoes

I had purchased a pair of New Balance running shoes about 12 years ago. I worn them during the physical training time in the Army. After I wore them for about  6 months or so, I washed them and put them away. Most people would have discarded their old running shoes by then, but I keep mine. Recently, as I was going through some of my belongings in a large box in my master bedroom, I ran across these running shoes. I  was looking for something to wear when I was around the house, at home. Something to mow the lawn in and wear when I was working on my cars, etc. It was then, when  I rediscovered these running shoes.

 I must say, even after all these years, these New Balance still look good  and still it my feet like a glove with the right amount of room to spare. I'm glad I didn't throw these out, like most people would have. As I rediscovered these shoes, I found out a little more about myself. These shoes were like a moment in time gone by, kinda like a physical object snap shot of what I was doing a the time. Wearing these shoes again, I sort of reconnected with my old self, younger self in the past. These shoes for some strange reason had a new feel to them. I was recycling these shoes again for another journey, service to my present physical well being.

What I would like to say in a nut shell, if you have something that isn't wore out, wash, it, and put it away. Some people may say, why keep it, throw it out. Why not recycle, reuse it at some later point in time in your life. Rediscover your past self,  you might be glad that you did.

Just because an item has no have a numerical value doesn't mean that it is a worthless piece of junk.  Just as long as it means to you is what matters


 
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love reading blogs and I always surf in the internet to see more articles about secondhand shoes. I saw your blog contains informative content and it was interesting. I will bookmark your blog to share the knowledge I learned here. Thank you very much!

    If you're interested to learn more about second hand shoes of Christian Muller Boex, you can visit this site: http://www.boex.tv/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to read my blog.

    ReplyDelete